Jif® Celebrates With Its Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookie
ORRVILLE, Ohio (June 5, 2014) – The makers of Jif® Peanut Butter are inviting fans and passionate cookie lovers everywhere to share their love for the classic peanut butter cookie by baking the most Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookie for National Peanut Butter Cookie Day on June 12th.
“The secret to a delicious peanut butter cookie starts with quality peanut butter. The Jif Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookie is a classic that choosy moms and dads have enjoyed with their families for generations,” said Maribeth Burns, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company. “We think any day is a good day to make and share a Jif peanut butter cookie with family and friends, but National Peanut Butter Cookie Day gives us all a special reason to have some fun together in the kitchen.”
Perhaps no other treat is as recognized for its appearance as the peanut butter cookie, thanks to the quintessential crisscross fork marks. While these marks are decorative – and fun – they also flatten the cookies to help ensure an even bake. On this National Peanut Butter Cookie Day, to celebrate with your family, choose Jif Creamy Peanut Butter and the classic Jif
Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookie recipe:
Jif Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening or 1/2 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls two inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
- BAKE one baking sheet at a time for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown. Cool two minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
For more twists on the classic peanut butter cookie and other recipes, visit http://www.jif.com and visit Jif on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Jif), Twitter (https://twitter.com/jif) and Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/jifpeanutbutter/).
About The J. M. Smucker Company
For more than 115 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and health and natural foods beverages in North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Jif®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, Eagle Brand®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Café Pilon®, White Lily® and Martha White® in the United States, along with Robin Hood®, Five Roses®, Carnation® and Bick’s® in Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit www.jmsmucker.com.
The J. M. Smucker Company is the owner of all trademarks referenced herein, except for the following, which are used under license: Pillsbury® and Pillsbury BEST are trademarks of The Pillsbury Company, LLC; Carnation® is a trademark of Societe des Produits Nestle S.A.; and Dunkin’ Donuts® is a registered trademark of DD IP Holder, LLC.
Dunkin’ Donuts® brand is licensed to The J. M. Smucker Company for packaged coffee products sold in retail channels such as grocery stores, mass merchandisers, club stores, and drug stores. This information does not pertain to Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee or other products for sale in Dunkin’ Donuts® restaurants.
SOURCE: The J. M. Smucker Company